- Introduction to basic concepts
- Forces and general systems of forces
- System of rigid bodies
- Center of forces (line loads) and centroids of areas
- Stress Resultants (internal forces and moments)
Mechanics of Materials:
- Fundamentals of Mechanics of Materials
- Tension and Compression
- Transverse Shear
- Stress States and Combination of Loadings
- Gross, D.; Hauger, W.; Schröder, J.; Wall, W.A.; Rajapakse, N.: Engineering Mechanics 1 – Statics; Springer; 2013.
- Gross, D.; Hauger, W.; Schröder, J.; Wall, W.A.; Bonet, J.: Engineering Mechanics 2 – Mechanics of Materials; Springer; 2011.
- Gross, D.; Ehlers, W.; Wriggers, P.; Schröder, J.; Müller, R.: Statics – Formulas and Problems. Springer; 2017.
- Gross, D.; Ehlers, W.; Wriggers, P.; Schröder, J.; Müller, R.: Mechanics of Materials – Formulas and Problems. Springer; 2017.
The graduates can describe the basic principles of statics and the basic equations of mechanics of materials (kinematical relations, Hooke's law, equilibrium). The graduates can explain the different types of loading and the according theoretical approaches.
Graduates can draw free-body diagrams and use these in order to calculate support reactions and calculate centroids and stress resultants (internal forces and moments).
Graduates can use the theoretical approaches for the different types of loading in order to calculate stresses and deformations.
They can determine the load-bearing capacity of a structure and dimension parts.
Graduates can solve mechanical problems in the fields of statics and mechanics of materials on their own. Especially, they can adequatly justify the procedure for the solution. The acquirement of the communication competence is supported by the flipped-classroom-concept.
Graduates acquire a high degree of professional working by conducting analytical calculations. Especially, the conscientious and correct execution is of high importance. Such precise working is also important in an industrial environment. They acquire the capability to manage the learning process on their own (time planning, self-study). This is an important competence for the job.