This course will teach core academic, professional and technical language skills using themes that play an important role in the 21st century global society. The students will learn and use the skills below:
- critical thinking skills
- negotiating skills
- communication skills
- team building and presentation techniques
- creativity and collaboration
- email, proposal and essay writing skills
- business and technical language skills
- intercultural communication skills.
The students will further learn to work independently on various business/professional themes using their present knowledge and researching new aspects of the areas concerned. They will use various ways of communicating ideas to different audiences - for instance, giving a pitch to investors, starting a marketing campaign, communicating internationally, etc. - necessary skills needed in their professional life.